IGN's Nintendo show returns! Join host Jose Otero, Peer Schnieder, and Brian Altano for a fun episode, as the crew discusses:
IGN’s Best of 2015 Awards
Splatoon won best shooter and best competitive multiplayer
Super Mario Maker won Best Wii U game
Zelda: Tri Force Heroes won Best 3DS game
Why Splatoon Should’ve Been IGN’s Wii U Game of the Year
If NX is a 2016 Product, Nintendo Needs to Start Talking About It Now
2016 could be a big year for...
- Zelda (30th Anniversary)
- Nintendo has three Zelda-related projects on the books. Hyrule Warriors Legends, Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Zelda Wii U
- First two new details dropped yesterday (max rupees count is higher and less tears to collect) based on Famitsu’s four pages of coverage.
- Amazon France claims Zelda; Twilight Princess HD will have the following features:
- Hero Mode (duh)
- Wii U GamePad will be used to manage the player’s inventory in real-time
- Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Sheik amiibo, when activated, replenish hearts or arrows
- Wolf Link amiibo is set to unlock a new dungeon, which loosely translates as “The Cave of Twilight.” **This could be big** Reminder: This amiibo is tied to new Zelda.
- Metroid (30th Anniversary)
- This week, Metroid Zero Mission is finally released on VC.
- Question from Erik Osborne: "Even though I’ve been a big Nintendo fan for a long time, I've oddly never played a Metroid game outside of a few minutes here and there. I've been thinking of playing through the series due to there not being a lot of games. Would you recommend playing it in order of release, or chronological order story-wise? Thanks, love the podcast."
- Will Metroid Prime: Federation Force return?
- Will Samus return in 2016?
- Pokemon (20th Anniversary)
- Japan is getting Four Poke-themed 2DS bundles
- US and EUR are getting special New 3DS and 2DS bundles respectively